Monday, November 13, 2017

Solving systems of linear equations review for algebra 2

I whipped up this worksheet out of a balance problem worksheet I found online years ago and some desmos activities on systems.  I really wanted to do some of the desmos activites themselves, but I tried one and my students couldn't stay on-task.  They kept cutting and pasting quotes from the communist manifesto and advertisements for bitcoin into the short response boxes.  Sigh.  This activity that I mashed together actually went really well.  We did most of the exercises as think-pair-shares and they remembered enough from algebra 1 for it to be a quick, easy and intuitive review of systems solving.  I did steal everything so I take no credit except in terms of the presentation.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the variation and originality. Is it okay if I borrow some of these for my class?
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I love the visuals for intriguing students to trying out. I do need help to write two distinctive equations for exercise No. 3. I kept on writing the equation (and its equivalence) that represents the total from one pan equals the total from the other. Please shed some light to help me see the second relation for writing the second equation. Thank you for helping this dense mind.

    ReplyDelete